The Planting Trees for The Queen’s Jubilee grant funds community-based tree planting events that will be held across Australia to mark the Jubilee (70 years of service) of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II.
Grants are available to community organisations for funding between $2,500 and $20,000 GST exclusive. Read the Grant Opportunity Guidelines at business.gov.au to find out if your project is eligible and to understand what is required if you are successful.
What is the process?
- Complete the EOI form and return to my office via email at [email protected] EOIs are due to my office by 11.59pm, Friday 25 March 2022.
- If your organisation is nominated for funding, you will be notified by the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources on behalf of my electorate office and be invited to formally apply to the program.
- You will be required to register in the department’s grants portal and complete an online application form. Being invited to apply does not guarantee your application will be successful. All applications will be assessed by the department for eligibility and completeness.
- If your grant application is approved you will be notified by my office and/or the department and will be issued a grant agreement by the department. A sample agreement is available at business.gov.au.
Who can apply?
To be eligible for funding your organisation must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be invited to apply by your MP (this occurs after the EOI submission stage).
And be one of the following not-for-profit incorporated entities:
- an ACT Government school.
- a not-for-profit organisation incorporated in Australia. For example:
- incorporated associations
- a co-operative
- an incorporated Australian Public or Private Company
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and /or Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006
- Indigenous land councils
- religious organisations incorporated under legislation
- a Regional Land Partnerships service provider applying on behalf of a community group (see section 4.2)
- a Committee of Management.
• a local governing body including Norfolk Island Regional Council and the ACT Government.
What type of projects may be funded?
Your project must involve:
- At least one formal commemorative event in 2022
- Durable signage or a plaque(s) identifying the plantings are part of The Queen’s Jubilee commemorations
- Planting regionally-appropriate tree species that when mature, have a height of 2 metres or more.
The intended outcomes of the program are to:
- increase community awareness and celebration of Her Majesty’s Jubilee.
- create a legacy of tree plantings across the nation for Australians to enjoy that also serve to honour the memory of The Queen and her 70 years of service to Australia and the Commonwealth.
- increase and/or enhance the area of tree canopy.
The eligibility criteria for entities and projects is outlined in the Grant Opportunity Guidelines at business.gov.au. Read the guidelines and the supporting documents relating to funding recognition and event protocols before submitting this EOI.